Tuesday, May 24, 2011

rainy days are for treadmills

The weatherman last night said it wasn't suppose to rain until around noon today, so I planned on waking up early to get my run out of the way.  Well, clearly he's no James Spann (for those of you from Alabama), because it was pouring when I woke up at 8:00am - like really pouring.  I haven't run in the rain yet, and I wasn't about to start today.  I contemplated trading tomorrow's "rest day" for today...and that was the plan until this afternoon when I started feeling guilty.  I have done so well following my schedule exactly, so I didn't want to screw things up now!  Around 6:00pm I decided to get on the treadmill at my apartment gym.  I didn't realize how much I hated treadmills until today.  I mean, they are great for walking I guess, or for those people that can run for long distances at the same pace, but for me who is experimenting with the walk/run method - not so fun!  Lots of adjusting speed...ugh!  I have decided I like running outside better, I just need to find more cinder trails.  My shinsplints were hurting pretty bad today during the run, so I walked most of it, so I guess it was more of a walk....whatever it was, there were 30 solid minutes of it! :]


RUN DETAILS:
Route:  Treadmill
Distance:  2.37 miles
Time:  30:51 minutes
Pace:  12:59/mile

WEEKLY TOTALS:
Distance:  4.9 miles
Time:  1:02:09

MONTHLY TOTALS:
Distance:  25.5 miles
Time:  5:27:55

No comments:

Post a Comment