Saturday, May 28, 2011

guilt got the best of me

So my guilt of not running with the team this morning got the best of me...like bad.  I have been thinking about joining a gym to be able to cross-train--our coaches recommend cross-training 2-3x per week, and my apartment gym isn't really sufficient for what I want to do.  I also want to be able to take classes like Body Pump and Zumba!  


So...tonight I joined 24Fitness!  It's only $30/month (no contract) and I figured the money I previously would have spent on Starbucks and fastfood per month is now going to my gym expense!  Pretty good trade off, I think.


Anyway...I was planning on doing my run Sunday morning, but I was just sitting on the couch tonight and I figured why not do it now!  So I went to my new gym got on the treadmill and ran a 5K!  I should retract my previous statement about hating treadmills because tonight was literally my BEST RUN EVER!!  It was my best time for a 5K, best all around pace (12:04/mile), and I didn't have shinsplints, which is such a wonderful thing!


So today ended up being a good day! :]


RUN DETAILS:
Route:  Treadmill
Distance:  3.12 miles (5K)
Time:  37:38 minutes
Pace:  12:04/mile

WEEKLY TOTALS:
Distance:  10.6 miles
Time:  2:13:18

MONTHLY TOTALS:
Distance:  31.2 miles
Time:  6:38:44

No comments:

Post a Comment