Saturday, June 11, 2011

Only $540 away from donating my hair to LOCKS of LOVE!!

So tomorrow wraps up the end of Week 5 and I am only $540 away from my goal of $2,000, which means I will be donating my hair to Locks of Love after my race (if I get this last $540 before raceday)!

Well, this week was full of firsts...Yoga...Body Pump...a new best pace...and a new longest distance!

My week looked a little something like this:
  • Monday = 30 min run + 60 min Yoga
  • Tuesday = 40 min run
  • Wednesday = 60 min Body Pump
  • Thursday = 30 min run
  • Friday = REST
  • Saturday = 50 min run
  • Sunday = hopefully 30 min elliptical
Let me just say...I had NO idea I would sweat that much during Yoga...seriously...it was intense!  But I liked it and I believe I will be returning again this week!  Wednesdays are reserved for cross-training so I decided I would try Body Pump, which if you don't know what this is go ahead and check out their website!  It was fun, but I also felt like I was going to die, well, my legs did after about a billion lungs with a barbell!

I didn't sleep well last night, so I didn't make it to training this morning, but I did run my 50 minutes.  I ended up running 4.26 miles, which is about a quarter of a mile farther than last Saturday's 50 minute run!

Total milage for this week = 13.1 miles
...funny to think in 18 weeks I will be running all of that in one day instead of four!
Best Pace = 11:09/mile
% weight loss = 3.17% of starting weight

Ready to take on another week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a busy week, Christie. Whew. If you want a running buddy at any point, let me know. Running with a partner always seems to make the long runs somehow seem shorter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me get closer to your pace, and we can run together!! I hate to hold anyone back! I need to shave about another minute off my time before i can keep up with you and your long legs! :]

    ReplyDelete