Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oh....What a Week!

So this week was crazyyyyy!  And unfortunately, not so good for my training...

Last Saturday after our team run I packed up my things and my two pups and headed up to Brighton, CO to house-sit for my friend, Ken.  Ken and his late wife, Dawn, owned the rescue where I got Reg, my goof-ball of a Great Pyrenees.  If you received my fundraising letter, you know that part of the reason that I am training is because of Dawn.  She is the one who made me realize life isn't about material things, it's about making a difference in someone's life--so that's what I am trying to do as I train and fundraise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Anyway...long story, short...from last Saturday until this past Thursday I was watching nine dogs and two cats.  Yes, that's right, I said nine dogs--for six days!  It really wasn't as bad as you may think, everyone was very well-behaved and got along, but my schedule was COMPLETELY different than normal, which threw my training off a bit!

I was able to get in a couple of good runs around the neighborhood...well, I say neighborhood, but its not really a neighborhood...it's a bunch of farms/land with houses.  I really loved running out there--such different scenery than my normal runs and really peaceful.  But that said, I was only able to run three times this week, which Coach Mike would NOT be too happy about since we were suppose to up our running to 5 days/week starting this past week!  Oh well, such is life...

I didn't go to the team workout this morning, but I did complete my long run.  This was the first time I have run around my apartment complex--a little more hilly than I realized...and it was HOT, like really hot!  I won't be running during the heat of the day anymore.  Period.  I was pouring sweat when I got back to my apartment.  I was literally soaking wet!  Which made for a good excuse to go jump in the pool!

In other news...I have reached my fundraising goal of $2,000!!  This means after race day I will be chopping my hair off for Locks of Love!  I am a little nervous because today I measured 10 inches on my hair...let's just say I hope it grows quickly over the next couple of months, otherwise I may have some VERY short hair!

I just want to give a BIG thank you to everyone who has helped me reach my goal so far--we are $2,000 closer to finding a cure for blood cancers!
  • Matthew Cotter [brother]
  • Debbie Verderaime [moma]
  • Lonnie Strickland [former professor & mentor]
  • Diane & Dayn Beam [aunt & uncle]
  • Steva Gay [pet-sitter]
  • Michelle Parvinrouh [friend]
  • Loys Nunez [cousin]
  • Allison & Rance Block [cousins]
  • Claylia (Teets) LeBlanc [cousin]
    • Donation in honor of Sam LeBlanc
  • Rich & Clay Heilman [cousins]
  • Laurie LeBlanc [cousin]
  • John & Missy Gartner [AL neighbors]
  • Donna & Andy Rucks [aunt & uncle]
  • Clement & Colleen Cotter [dad & step-mom]
  • Nadene & Sid Hilton [beloved family friend]
  • Valerie & Shawn Hunton [aunt & uncle]
  • Mary David [family friend]
...But I am not done fundraising!!  I am setting a new goal to see if I can reach $2,500!  If you haven't yet, please consider donating to this wonderful organization, who has helped so many people and relentlessly searches for a cure for blood cancers!


Here's to another, better week of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment