Sunday, June 5, 2011

4 weeks and $1,350 completed!!

So today marks my completion of 4 weeks of training!  I have raised $1,350 so far through the support of my wonderful friends and family (if you have sent me a donation and you're name isn't showing up on my fundraising page yet it's because they haven't processed your check yet, but it will show up soon)!!

Yesterday I ran for the longest distance and farthest time yet!  Coach Mike made us run for 50 minutes around Wash Park (we were only scheduled for 40)!  I ended up running 4.00 miles with an average pace of 12:35/mile.  My pace increased a little, but I think it is mostly due to the fact that I have been running inside on a treadmill instead of outside.  I need to start running outside more to get acclimated to the weather and terrain.

Since I have started running/training I have really tried to sustain an all around healthier lifestyle.  I have given up Starbucks and Fastfood until my training is over, and I am eating almost every meal at home...chicken, fresh fruit and veggies, salads, and lots and lots of water!  I have lost 2.49% of my starting body weight...an added bonus of healthy diet and exercise!!

18 more weeks and $650 to go!! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment