Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2.5 miles away from a half!!!

I missed team workout again this weekend :[

My friend Matt was in town from Auburn, so I went out with him Friday night...staying out late Friday night is not so conducive to getting up early Saturday morning and running for 2 hours.  I was going to try make up my run Sunday morning, but I was still tired!  I went up to Boulder Sunday afternoon to tube Boulder Creek and tour Avery Brewery with my friends Paige and Annie and was going to run when I got home, but I was in SO MUCH PAIN from tubing over rocks that, that didn't work out well either...

And so I had to do my long run yesterday!  It was terrible.  I didn't wait long enough for it to cool off, so it was hot, and after yesterday I have decided I really don't do well on long runs at night.  I ran 10.6 miles in 2:05:25, with an average pace of 11:49/mile, which is about 30 seconds slower than my "normal" pace.  I had a really hard time pacing myself yesterday...my first mile was really fast, then for the next 3 miles my average pace was around 10:00/mile, but I slowed down significantly after that, having to walk a lot.

My goal for this week is to experiment with fartleks per my friend Andrew's suggestion!  I would really like to have an average pace of around 10:00/mile and he swears this will help, so I am going to attempt it!

I am also thinking about running the Vegas Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 in December!  Key word is THINKING!  Andrew is running the full, and then my friends Ken and Bri are doing the half.  It might be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment