Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Keys to Big Time Success

This list was given to me by one of my all time favorite professors and mentors at the University of Alabama, Dr. Lonnie Strickland.  I just found them while cleaning up my desktop and needed a personal reminder, but it's such a fabulous list that can be applied to almost everything your do, so I thought I would share!

  1. Have a Vision and a Plan.
  2. Your integrity is your best asset.
  3. Be really nice to everybody you can be nice to.
  4. Never sacrifice friends or loved ones for your own wellbeing.
  5. Be patient with elders.
  6. Stay focused.
  7. Perseverance (Keep Going)
  8. Learn throughout your life.  Read and Study.
  9. Be a team player.  Give credit to others.
  10. Don't be bitter at the success of others.
  11. Be loyal, even when it is to your detriment.
  12. Don't blame others for your mistakes.
  13. Stay put until you absolutely cannot do so a moment longer.
  14. Do not become a consultant.  Take Risks!
  15. Don't be greedy.
  16. Enjoy your walk through life.  Have fun.
  17. Do things because they are right, not easy.
Dr. Strickland and I on Honors Day
Senior Year (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment